SBA 504 Loan Requirements
Is your company eligible for an SBA 504 Loan?
To be eligible for an SBA 504 Loan, a small business must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The business must be a for-profit, non-publicly traded company.
- Ownership must be comprised of 51% U.S. citizens or registered aliens with green card.
- The business must do business in the United States or its possessions.
- The business must be a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation.
- The business must occupy at least 51% of the space to be bought.
- The business’s tangible net worth cannot exceed $15 million.
- The business’s average net income after Federal income taxes (excluding carry-over losses) for the two full fiscal years prior to application cannot exceed $5 million.
- Loans cannot be made to businesses engaged in speculation or investment in rental real estate.
Not all borrowers and uses of loan proceeds meet the SBA eligibility requirements, but if your business satisfies the above requirements, contact us to discuss your specific project.